At Abbey Primary. Our school uniform serves several important purposes:
- It gives the pupils a sense of belonging to Abbey as their school ‘family’.
- It helps to develop their sense of duty and pride towards school and the strong work ethic that is expected.
- It is practical for parents [no more great debates about what to wear in the morning!]
OUR UNIFORM CONSISTS OF:
- Burgundy sweatshirt or cardigan either plain or embroidered with the school logo
- Grey skirt or pinafore dress
- Red Gingham Dress
- Grey trousers or shorts
- White shirt or white / burgundy polo shirt (Plain or embroidered with the school logo)
- Sensible, black, flat shoes (no trainers - unless it is a PE day)
All uniform with logo can be purchased from our online supplier – The Schoolwear Centre]
Jewellery - In the interests of Health and Safety, the only jewellery that children are allowed to wear in school are watches and plain, stud earrings.
FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION
(On PE days, children are asked to come to school in their PE kits.)
- White or Burgundy T-shirt - plain or embroidered with the school logo
- Plain black shorts
- School PE Bag
- Children can wear plain tracksuit / leggings and top for when they have outdoor PE sessions.
All jewellery must be removed before participating in any P.E. or sporting activity. Long hair must be securely tied back.
NB. Please ensure that all items of clothing are clearly marked with your child’s name and class.
We would also like to remind you that Friends of Abbey hold a wide selection of second hand uniform at very reasonable prices - this is available all year round. Please contact the school office if you wish to access this. Please ensure all items of clothing are clearly labelled.